Subtle changes in your hearing can be hard to notice because of how slowly hearing loss normally progresses. Unlike children, who get routine hearing tests in school, adults hardly ever even think of scheduling an appointment. You wouldn’t neglect a decline in your vision, so why wouldn’t you keep an eye on your hearing health?
It’s essential to have routine hearing tests, here are six reasons why:
- Spotting the Signs: Potential hearing issues can be exposed by day-to-day situations. Do you regularly need people to repeat what they said? Do you have a difficult time hearing in noisy settings? Are you frequently cranking the volume on your TV up? It’s time for you to get your hearing tested if you said yes to most of these questions.
- Following Guidelines: Until you turn 50, you should have a hearing test every decade and every 3 years after that, as recommended by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Family History Matters: It’s even more important to call us for an appointment if hearing loss runs in your family.
- Establishing a Baseline: Baseline hearing assessments provide a frame of reference for future hearing examination comparisons, enabling you to monitor changes in your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Regular hearing exams can discover issues early on, such as earwax buildup or noise-induced hearing loss, allowing for quick intervention and avoiding additional damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Inherent medical conditions, including kidney disease, cardiovascular disease, or high blood pressure can in some cases be revealed by hearing loss. Addressing these conditions could improve your hearing.
Untreated hearing loss can have far-reaching consequences, affecting your social life, emotional well-being, and even physical safety. Hearing aids can significantly improve your hearing and general quality of life, permitting you to fully engage in conversations, enjoy social gatherings, and remain alert to important sounds in your environment.
Don’t miss out on important work meetings, the laughter of your grandchildren, or the voice of a loved one.
Protect your hearing and keep enjoying the sounds of your life by scheduling a hearing exam with us right away.